2021-08-06, 10:45–12:15, Workshops Track 2
Are you fascinated with Sherlock Holmes stories?
In your lifetime, have you ever come across the word Forensics?
Most of us might have seen in the movies like, After a crime, Police visits the crime scene and says “Call the Forensics Team”
Did you ever feel CURIOUS about that?
Technology is evolving, so are the attacks and investigation techniques.
If you are interested in Digital Forensics and have questions like:
- How to start?
- What skills are required?
- What tools to use?
Then this workshop is the right place for you.
This intro-level workshop covers topics present in Digital Forensics LifeCycle like Evidence Collection and Investigation on a Windows machine, of a Windows machine. Attendees will be provided with the necessary lab instructions and evidence files to perform forensic analysis practically and be confident and clear on how to apply the knowledge gained here to investigate some real-world scenarios.
Attendees will learn:
- Skills required for a Forensic Examiner
- Build their own forensics toolkit with free and open-source tools
- Evidence Collection --> On Live and Dead Machines, Do’s and Dont’s
- Investigation --> Windows Artifact analysis, Internet History & Application Analysis, Data Carving, Memory Analysis
- Opportunities and challenges in this field
Attendees will be provided with:
- Evidence Files
- Lab instructions to perform forensic analysis
- Access to the Windows Forensics Artifact Library of the Speaker
- Useful resources for further practice and exploration after this workshop
- OS: Windows 7 and above [Win10 recommended]
- If you are on Linux or Mac, Install Windows using VirtualBox
- RAM: Min. 4GB [8GB recommended]
- Disk Space: 50 GB
Note: Download links for the labs will be shared before the workshop
- Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
- Curiosity, Willingness, and of course, the Lab requirements too ;-)
Surya found his passion for cybersecurity during his college days where out of curiosity he figured out how a malware was spreading actively in the college computers and found a remediation technique. From then onwards his cybersecurity journey started. Digital Forensics and Malware Analysis are his all-time favorites. Surya is a Security Engineer with 5+ years of experience in performing both offensive and defensive activities. Engaging, understanding, and knowledgeable technical trainer, having expertise in training small and large groups across diverse industries. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suryatejam/